C is for Cursive Handwriting Class is a systematic course created for beginning writers that have a knowledge of printed letters and early reading skills. The course will connect print handwriting to connecting letters to make cursive through advancing handwriters that will build on principles of establishing fine-motor control. Students will work through learning basic letter stems and strokes, learn lowercase letter families, numbers, punctuation symbols, and finally uppercase capital letters.
After letter memorization is established, the course will work through letter spacing to form words, word spacing in sentences, and work from large letters through wide-ruled letter sizes. The cursive learner will establish control of many sizes of lines through the lessons with tracing established letters and words to create muscle memory control.
The final advanced lessons will have the student writing cursive on wide-ruled lined paper and no line paper.
This course includes:
- 5 Sections
- 30 Video Lessons with step-by-step guidance for each letter, word, and sentence
- 87 Practice Sheets with hand-written traceable letters, words, and steps.
- Over 450 traceable lowercase letters
- Over 400 traceable uppercase letters
- Over 110 traceable numbers and punctuation
- Over 800 traceable words
- 7 traceable sentences
- Test at the end of each section
- More than 8 hours of Video Lessons
1. The student will be able to read and recognize cursive letters and words then be able to write cursive from memory.
2. The second course goal is to be able to handwrite the size of wide-ruled ⅜” or 8mm paper.
This course is primarily intended for students who are new to writing cursive or need a quick refresher.
Students taking this course will need to have completed basic learning to print with a strong grasp of basic print letter forms. The first few lessons of this course create fine-motor skills.
**It is recommended that each lesson practice sheet is printed before each lesson to follow along. **
Course Section Guide
Section 1: Lowercase Letters
- Lesson 0 Beginner Sample
- Lesson 1 Activities: Fine Motor Skills
- Lesson 2 Warm-ups
- Lesson 3 Basic Letter Curves Strokes Practice
- Lesson 4 Lowercase c o a
- Lesson 5 Lowercase d g q p
- Lesson 6 Lowercase i u w
- Lesson 7 Lowercase m n v
- Lesson 8 Lowercase e l b
- Lesson 9 Lowercase h f j
- Lesson 10 Lowercase k y z
- Lesson 11 Lowercase t x r s
- Lesson 12 Alphabet lowercase a-z
Section 2: Lowercase Letter Spacing
- Lesson 13 Letter Spacing with Words
Section 3: Uppercase Letters
- Lesson 14 UPPERCASE A B C D
- Lesson 15 UPPERCASE E F G H
- Lesson 16 UPPERCASE I J K L
- Lesson 17 UPPERCASE M N O P
- Lesson 18 UPPERCASE Q R S T U
- Lesson 19 UPPERCASE V W X Y Z
- Lesson 20a Numbers 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
- Lesson 20b Numbers 7 8 9
- Lesson 20c Punctuation
- Lesson 21 Alphabet Aa-Zz
Section 4: Uppercase Letter Spacing
- Lesson 22 Letter Spacing
- Lesson 23 Animal Word Quiz
Section 5: Advanced Cursive
- Lesson 24 Fun Sentence Pangrams
- Lesson 25 No Center Line
- Lesson 26 Small Line Paper
- Lesson 27 Open Top Line
- Lesson 28 No Lines
- Lesson 29 Ending Practiced Cursive