This is a comprehensive science course geared toward students entering the 4th grade. It is based off the Next Generation Science Standard topics for 4th graders. It is a full year's worth. It covers everything 4th graders need to know and more!
Course Goals: After completing this course students will have a better grasp on how the world works around them and how many things in our world are connected. Students will have a better appreciation for the different ecosystems, environments and species of our earth and our interdependence with those different facets of our world. Finally, the ultimate goal is to see that science is an important and interesting area of our study and you can have fun learning it as well!
Target Audience: Students entering the 4th grade who have had previous science study. This is typically around age 9 or older. The course could also be used as a review for older students who might need extra time with the course topics.
Course Requirements: Students taking this course should have a good understanding of the science topics covered in grade 3.
The course includes:
- A full year's worth of science for 4th graders!
- 43 video lessons
- 43 activity/exercises review videos (I review each question/problem one by one) and answer keys for each lesson
- Over 30 investigations, demonstrations and projects
- Covers topics in all three areas of study, Earth Science, Life Science, Physical Science
- Topics include plants, animals, ecosystems, weather, natural forces, electricity, the human body, and more
- Uses a variety of visual aids and demonstrations in the lesson to better illustrate the lessons and to provide opportunities for hands on learning
- Book list for supplemental reading
- Short review quiz for each lesson
- Our Solar System
- Outer Space
- Earth’s Atmosphere
- The Water Cycle
- Layers of the Earth
- Earth’s Landforms
- Animal Adaptations
- Plant Reproduction
- The Human Body
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- The Circulatory System
- The Digestive System
- The Respiratory System
- The Nervous System
- Nutrition and Exercise
- Mechanical Waves
- Light Waves
- Work and Simple Machines