This 4th grade math class has all the content your student will need to learn to successfully complete 4th grade math. It is a fun course that covers advanced critical thinking skills in math. The course has an emphasis on critical thinking skills and it covers the requirements of the Common Core but also goes beyond these requirements preparing students for their next math level. I teach using verbal and auditory images to ensure the material is easy to understand and simple to grasp for all students. This entire full year’s course includes:
Section 1 - Multiplication (don’t worry, I start easy with review then jump into fun!)
Section 2 - Division (more review then more fun because from here we build on these basics)
Section 3 – Decimals (including money)
Section 4 – Fractions (such as improper and mixed)
Section 5 – Word problems (yes, multiple steps but I give you some supporting documents to use and keep)
Section 6 – Geometry (shapes and intersecting lines)
Section 7 – Probability, mean, mode, and range (we use shoes to help out with this one!)
What’s included in this course?
- Over 6 hours of video lessons and review video lessons!
- 30 video lessons and 30 written review documents
- 30 review answer video lessons, explaining the review step-by-step
- 30 review answer documents, written step-by-step
- 30 short, quick lesson reviews for comprehensive assessment
- 6 Quizzes with step-by-step video and written explanations for each problem
- 3 specific reviews for the 3 tests with step-by-step video and written explanations for each problem
- 3 Tests with step-by-step video and written explanations for each problem
- Additional parent resources: suggested practice worksheets for each lesson and their corresponding answer page, and answer keys for each quiz as well as the final
- BONUS materials for your student to use for this course as well as the next several math courses. These materials include documents with “key” words or phrases to help solve word problems, a reference sheet with formulas (such as area for a squares), multiplication tricks, shortcuts with division and more.
What are the Course Goals for your student?
Your student will learn about number sense, such as decimals, fractions, and properties. In addition, I will work with increasing their learning skills to foster critical thinking patterns.
Is this course for your student or for whom?
This fun video-course is designed for 4th grade students who are ahead of their math classes and are ready for a challenge. Have you heard “Mom, this math is boring!” from your 3rd or 4th grader? Then give your student an ‘edge’ when heading into 5th grade standard math or jumping into 5th grade Ivy math. Any 3rd grade student who has mastered their math or is bored with math will love getting involved in this class. In addition, your 5th grade student who needs a bit of review will benefit with practice from the focus areas within this class.
What are the Course Requirements?
Your student should have a good understanding of the 3rd grade math curriculum including basic multiplication and division.
Which topics will your student learn about?
Review multiplication facts through 12
Least common multiples of one and two digit numbers
Multiply one digit numbers by 2, 3, and 4 digit numbers
Rounding numbers to the nearest 10 and 100 places
Properties of multiplication
Review division fax through 12
Divide 2, 3, and 4 numbers by 1- digit and remainders
Find the missing factor
Division quiz answers
Estimating and rounding quotients
Multiplication and division review
Test 1 - solutions video
Compare and order decimals
Compare money amounts (using decimals)
Rounding and estimating money amounts
Parts of a set or a whole
Improper fractions and mixed numbers
Equivalent fractions and compare fractions
Add and subtract fractions with like denominators
Test 2 - decimals and fractions
Test 2 - solutions video
Solving word problems with add, subtract, and decimals
Multiple step word problems
Word problems quiz
Identify and classify 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional shapes
Classify different triangles and learn open versus closed shapes
Classify squares and learn perimeter and area
Learn flat, curved and both for 3-dimensional shapes
Probability, mean, mode, and range
Define and calculate mean, median, mode and range
Probability, mean, mode, and range quiz
Review for final exam