Welcome To Art Foundations!The art Foundation course is the first course that High School students are introduced to when starting High School. The art Foundation course is a course that gives High School students a basic building block on how to use techniques while exploring new mediums as well as gives them an introduction on art vocabulary that are tied to art concepts. This course later will allow students to later take higher level art courses. All lessons are tied to the elements and techniques of drawing including value, contour line, and perspective will be explored in this course focusing on working from direct observation, and explore self-expression through different materials. Students will develop and understanding expressive drawing and produce works in subject matter such as still life, figurative works, and Communicate ideas through artworks by selecting and applying media techniques and processes subject matter, and themes. Students will communicate ideas through artworks by selecting and applying art elements and principles and respond aesthetically to artworks based upon their personal experience and cultural values Analyze, interpret, and evaluate the quality of artwork through art criticism. Understand the role and functions of art in history and culture. Students will be able to observe art by classifying art works, using accurate vocabulary, knowledge of art history, techniques, and materials. Students will have a chance see modern art, and observe how art is being used in today’s world.
About This Course
- This course is 43 lessons with a trained artist and art educator.
- The course is designed to teach art concepts,while building on fundemental art skills.
- Projects that are assigned are in depth,engaging,projects.
- Each project that is assigned is designed to have the student to beable to place there own self expression into the creative process.
- Hours of step step instructional videos.
- Videos that explain materials that are nessary to complete projects.
- Every project is explained and demonstrated.
- Documents that have practice drawing sheets that better help understand cocepts of the lesson.
- Each lesson builds on eachother making it easier to understand bigger art concepts for your student.
- 5 units that are in depth units connected to art foundation standards.
- Each modeule has a computerized exame test to check for understanding and completions.
This course is integrated with very strong instructional videos that help students not only be able to create art projects, but successfully achieve techniques while successfully reaching state standards. The course is designed to push technical skills and creative success.
Modules are as follows:
1)Introduction to drawing
2) Drawing level two
3)Introduction to Painting
4)Introduction to mixed media/sculpture
5)Introduction to critiqueing Art
Art Movements/criqueing paintings from various artist
- Pop Art
- Action Painting
Standards that are covered:
- Students will beable to research how art and artist have influenced history and world culture
- Students will beable to integrate the elements of art and principles of design and use them to evaluate the features of composition.
- Students will analyze the effects of media and their associated materials and methods using Elements of Art and principles of design.
- Students will beable to name art media and associated tools,for multiple art forms and genres.
- Understands that there are basic ways to organize the Elements of Art in design such as pattern and balance.
- Is skilled at creating a body of art with a shared message.
- Is skilled at using 3D techniques,such as,attaching,carving,and modeling.
- Understands the outcome of various materials,tools, and techniques and how they work together in multiple art forms.
Documents will include:
- Practice worksheet
- Forms used for critiqueing art
- detail instructions for projects ,explaining tools along with the process
- Materials List is included so your student can be prepared for every project
- Video: Art talks where students hear what artist are doing in todays world.